What We Do
The Links, Incorporated will impact the quality of life for humankind through community service. In response to an ever-changing society, The Links, Incorporated will increase its participation nationally and internationally for a stronger partnership with people of good will and good deeds.
The Links, Incorporated is a volunteer service organization of concerned, committed, and talented women who, linked in friendship, enhance the quality of life in the larger community. The organization is concerned primarily with enriching, sustaining and ensuring the identities, culture and economic survival of African-Americans and persons of African descent.
To contribute to the formulation of a positive, productive, and culturally diverse society, The Links, Incorporated also focuses on education, cultural enrichment, health and wellness and civic involvement. This focus is implemented through strategies such as in public information and education, economic development, and public policy.
- To foster economic development.
- To educate the public about issues central to the well-being of African-Americans.
- To advocate appropriate public responses to the needs of African-Americans.
- To empower the membership in leadership development by offering training programs for greater effectiveness.
- To provide a positive approach to address critical youth issues. · To foster artistic endeavors.
- To promote the well-being of the African-American family.
- To collaborate with organizations with similar goals and objectives.
- To increase awareness of international issues, particularly those affecting people of African descent.
Our Core Values
A Link is a woman who exhibits the highest moral and ethical standards, who upholds the positive image of The Links, Incorporated and embraces the core values of the organization which are:
- Recognition that membership in The Links, Incorporated is by induction into local Chapters where services are provided through Chapter programs.
- Respect for the privacy, confidentiality, and security of all information, intellectual property, deliberations, and rituals of The Links, Incorporated and its members.
- Commitment to the chain of friendship.
- Commitment to service that targets the needs of persons of African descent.
- Commitment to maintaining excellence in character and reputation of The Links, Incorporated.
- Commitment to foster, nurture, and promulgate values such as integrity, honesty, courage, and respect for self and others.